Yet another large blizzard struck Lake Park on January 16, 1975. The wind chill fell to 90 below zero as a foot of snow fell and was whipped into 10+ foot drifts. Between the Bernie Cohrs farm and the Robert Ahrenstorff farm, over 1250 head of cattle were lost in the storm that raged for three days.
On March 1, 1977, Arnold Grain and the Farmers Exchange merged.
In the fall of 1977, students in grades 7-12 began classes in the new building in Lake Park. The building cost an estimated $985,000 at that time.
In September of 1980, Lake Park had its own ambulance.
On October 4, 1982, the new First Presbyterian Church building was dedicated.
On December 2, 1982, the residents of Lake Park voted to form a Municipally operated gas service at a cost of $200,000.
In 1984, a fire destroyed Jaycox Implement. (Photo at right)
The boys' basketball team made their first trip to the state basketball tournament in Des Moines in March of 1988.
The Lake Park Rescue returned to service after being discontinued on November 1, 1988.
In August of 1992, Lake Park celebrated 100 years of Incorporation.
March of 1993 saw the girls' basketball team make their debut in the State Basketball Tournament in Des Moines.
1999 saw Lake Park lose its only grocery store. The City Market, which had been in business since 1904, closed its doors due to a lack of business.
On December 31, 1999, city crews camped out at the Light Plant to watch the new year roll in. Fears that the rollover to the year 2000 would cause computers to crash. The New Year came in without incident.