LAKE PARK BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE ON THE CONSIDERATION OF TWO VARIANCE REQUESTS. Pursuant to the requirements of Section 20.6 of the Lake Park Zoning Ordinance the Board of Adjustment will conduct a public hearing on July 14, 2022 at 6:30pm. at Lake Park City Hall. The first hearing is for property owned by Greg & Patti Wildeman, 18 Ave E West, Lake Park IA 51347. The property is legally described as Lake Park Second Addn. Lot 19 & 20. The owner is requesting a variance to allow an accessory building as the only principal structure on a platted lot. Current zoning regulations do not allow this without the lot being joined with the principal structure lot through deed restriction.
The second hearing is for property owned by Luke Bombei, 403 N. Market St., Lake Park, IA 51347. The property is legally described as Lake Park Myricks Subdivlot 1. The owner is requesting side yard setback variances to build a new garage. The request is a 5ft variance on the south side and a 3ft variance on the north side. Current zoning regulations, for an accessory building, require a 5ft setback from the property line and 5ft from any existing structures.
Written comments are accepted and should be sent to City Hall, PO Box 536, Lake Park, IA 51347.
Thank you for protecting Silver Lake by stabilizing your shoreline. We are happy to be able to assist some landowners with grant dollars from the Water Quality Commission.
The amount we will be able to fund at this time is up to ten percent (10%) of the cost of a project with a maximum of $5000.00. If you receive an award, you will be required to sign a 10-year maintenance agreement on your shoreline project (that will stay with the property if you sell). Any awards over $600 will receive a 1099 for that year.
This letter is to explain some of the items we will be expecting in your application.
- The application and award will be for landowners only.
- Best Management Practices shall be used.
- Landowners shall consult with John Wills, Water Quality Commission coordinator (712.336.3782 Ext 3) and/or Mike Hawkins with Iowa Department of Natural Resources (712.330.1849), on their project.
- Applications will be accepted up to and including August 1, 2022
- Please return applications to:
1708 Lakeside Ave
Lake Park, IA 51347
Again, thank you for protecting Silver Lake.
Public notice is hereby given that an application has been made for a permit to move a house from outside the City limits to the lot at 174 Country Club Drive. The City Council of the City of Lake Park, Iowa, will hold a public hearing on whether to approve this permit, pursuant to Section 123.06 of the Code of Ordinances, at 7:00 pm during its regular meeting on July 11, 2022 at the Lake Park City Hall, 217 Market Street, Lake Park, Iowa at which time oral and written comments from the public will be heard. Marie Matthiesen, Zoning Administrator.
The summer reading program Beyond the Beaten Path is here! Please stop into the library and sign up. The program is easy; read books, do fun tasks to win a prize and it is free. Check out the performance schedule for every Tuesday in June:
- June 7th - 2:00 p.m. Camp Readmore! Sing campfire songs with KinderMusik at the Lakes, create crafts, campfire stories and other fun!
- June 14th - 2:00 p.m. the Dickinson County Nature Center will join us for Animals on the Path. Come see the live animals and hear an animal story!
- June 21st - 2:00 p.m. Bubbles in the Park. Big bubbles, a bubble story and family bubble stations. Great family fun!
- June 28th two show times! On the Trail to Adventure at 1:30 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. An adventure with stories, magic, tricks and treasure. And at 2:30 between the shows we will have Reading with Stanley.
In case of inclement weather, we will move to the Community Center. Children must be supervised.
This report contains important information regarding the water quality in our water system. The source of our water is groundwater. All of the water is purchased. Purchased water comes from Osceola Rural Water System-North.
Use the link below to download the report.