Dear Dickinson County Residents
The last few weeks have been difficult for our country, state, and community. We have experienced a new virus spread throughout the world, enter the United States, travel to the Midwest, and make its way to our own county.
Some of you may be returning home from winter locations or opening your summer homes. It’s likely that you’ve traveled on planes, come from out of the country or out of the state which raises your risk of having been exposed to COVID-19. As a result, we respectfully ask you to remain in your home for 14 days after your return, in case you may have been inadvertently exposed to the COVID-19 virus and may be contagious to others. It takes up to 14 days for symptoms to appear after exposure, which is why staying home during this time is critically important. If you do have symptoms of new-onset cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please call the Lakes Regional Healthcare COVID-19 hotline at 712-336-6696 for a phone evaluation. If you need groceries or food, please know local grocery stores now provide the ability for you to order your groceries online and pick them up at the door, without ever getting out of your car. Local restaurants are also available for you to call in your order and pick it up, again without leaving your car. You can also request to have a volunteer pick up and bring your groceries to your home by visiting https://iglcoronarelief.org/.
Citywide cleanup April 28
The city-wide clean-up is currently scheduled for April 28th. This clean-up is for residential areas only. All items must be placed at the curb by 7:00pm. Tags must be purchased for the following items:
- Household appliance $25
- Electronics $11
- Mattress/Box Spring $11
- Television(based on size) $20 to $30
- Computer Monitor $20
- Couches & Recliners $10
- Chairs/Dressers/TV Stands $ 5
- Bldg Materials/Wood Products $10
- Tires (no rims) $5 to $25
Funeral: Virgil Grave
Virgil H. Grave, 92, of Lake Park passed away March 27, 2020 at Pearl Valley Rehab and Nursing in Lake Park. A graveside service will be held at a later date in the Silver Lake Cemetery in Lake Park.
Help Wanted: Electric Superintendent
The Lake Park Municipal Utilities (pop. 1105) is seeking an Electric Superintendent. Duties include electrical construction, operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system. Other duties include reports, working with the public, generation, and assist with all other departments as necessary. Journeyman license preferred. Other requirements include possession of valid CDL or ability to obtain within six months. Must be willing to relocate within six months of hire. Pre-employment drug testing. Salary $60,000-$100,000 DOQ. Benefits include PTO, Sick & Holiday pay, IPERS, Health insurance (100% employee 80% family). Lake Park is a growing community situated on the shores of Silver Lake. The Iowa Great Lakes is only 14 miles away. Check us out at www.lakeparkia.com. Lake Park Municipal Utilities is an EOE. Send resume/application to Lake Park Municipal Utilities, PO Box 536, Lake Park, Iowa 51347. Resumes/applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Changes in hours for local businesses due to COVID-19
Some of our local businesses have been forced to reduce their hours and how they operate day to day. In an effort to keep the public informed we have put together a list of businesses along with their current hours or changes that have been made. Continue to support your local businesses.
- Avery Rose Boutique—Open as posted in window, also check website.
- C & B Operations—Regular hours. On-line and phone orders. Parts picked up at front door only.
- Carstensen Meat & Grocery—Regular hours Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm Sun. 10:00am-2:00pm
- CFE—Open regular business hours. Requesting call ahead for business to reduce foot traffic
- City/Utility Office—Requesting all payments be made in dropbox. Staff available for phone calls
- Consumers—Regular Hours Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm
- Dollar General—Open 9am-10am for Senior Citizens. Closing at 8:00pm
- Great Lakes Countertops—Regular hours 8:00am-5:00pm
- Great Lakes Insurance—Office is open. Request to call for appointment
- Gunderson’s—Carry-out available 11:00am-1:30pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm. Menu on Facebook page.
- Jaycox—Regular hours. Curbside pickup and delivery available. Front door access only.
- Johnny’s—Beer, Growler, and pizza take-out from 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Lake Park Auto Parts—Regular hours Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30pm Sat. 7:30-noon.
- Lake Park Auto Repair—Lobby is closed. Call for appointment.
- Maggie’s Crafty Creations—Regular Hours. Take out drinks only. All classes cancelled.
- Market Street Tire—Regular Hours
- Mel’s Insurance—Regular Hours
- Niemeier Spine & Sport—Regular hours.
- Red Roses & Ivy—On-line and phone orders only. Will deliver.
- Savings Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only 7:30am-4:30pm
- Stan’s Corner—Hours Mon-Fri 6:30am-8:00pm Sat/Sun 8:00am-8:00pm. Takeout available/lunch specials
- Unique Jewelry & Finds—Regular hours
- U.S. Post Office—Request the use of box key as much as possible.
- United Community Bank—Lobby closed. Call for appt. Drive-up only, hours 8:30am-5:00pm