NOTICE OF MEETING
LAKE PARK BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE ON THE CONSIDERATION OF A APPLICATION FOR A SPECIAL EXCEPTION USE PERMIT. Pursuant to the requirements of Section 21.4 of the Lake Park Zoning Ordinance the Board of Adjustment will conduct a public hearing on June 16 at 5:00pm. at Lake Park City Hall. The hearing is for property owned by Amber Egesdal, 223 N. Market St. Lake Park IA 51347. The property is legally described as LAKE PARK PLAT BY SHIMER ETAL E'LY 60' OF LOTS 1AND 2 BLK B. The property owner is requesting a special exception use permit to open a daycare at 223 N. Market St.
Written comments are accepted and should be sent to City Hall, PO Box 536, Lake Park, IA 51347.
Summer Reading Program is here! Stop in and sign up!
This year’s Performances in the Park:
- May 30th 2 pm: Voices of the Barnyard with the Dickinson County Extension. Storytime, song and ice cream, try milking a cow.
- June 6th 2 pm: Ralph Covert of Ralph’s World will lead kids and parents on a musical journey of fun!
- June 13th 2 pm: Find Your Voice with Kindermusik at the Lakes. Dance, sing and have fun!
- June 20th 2 pm: Bubbles and Art in the Park. Giant bubbles & sidewalk chalk. Great family fun!
- June 27th 2 pm: Stuffed Animal Campout at the Library. Bring a toy. Puppets and a puppet show. This will be at the library.
All programs except for June 27th will be held near the shelter in the city park. In case of inclement weather, we will use the community center.
This report contains important information regarding the water quality in our water system. The source of our water is groundwater. All of the water is purchased. Purchased water comes from Osceola Rural Water System-North. Our water quality testing shows the following results:
LAKE PARK POOL – HELP WANTED: Lake Park pool is accepting applications for lifeguards and WSI instructors (Water Safety Instructors). Applicants must be certified in Lifeguard Training/First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent). The city will reimburse applicant for certification. WSI certification is optional but strongly recommended. Stop in at City Hall, 217 Market Street, Lake Park, or call 712-832-3527 for an application.