Residential garbage pickup from October 1 through April 30 will be on Fridays. Residential garbage pickup from May 1 through September 30 will be on Tuesdays and Fridays. Commercial pickup is Tuesday and Friday year round.
The following will not be accepted in the garbage:
- Yard waste
- Garden waste
- Infectious or bio hazardous waste (syringes, needles or anything contaminated with blood)
- Pesticides or their containers
- Herbicides or their containers
- Oil Filters
- Remodeling or construction materials will not be accepted as garbage. These items may be taken to the landfill with personal vehicles and you will be charged accordingly at the landfill.
Increases in the recycling & garbage rates have caused the city to also increase the rates to our residents. Beginning July 1, 2019, the new rates will be as follows:
- 48-gallon cart: $17.00 and includes recycling
- 65-gallon cart: $23.00 and includes recycling
Commercial (without dumpster)
- 48-gallon cart: $19.00 and includes recycling
- 65-gallon cart: $25.00 and includes recycling
Commercial (with privately owned dumpster)
- $10.00 fee plus $8.00 per yard - no recycling
Commercial (with rented dumpster)
- $16.00 fee for 1.5-yard dumpster plus $8.00 per yard - no recycling
- $26.00 fee for 2.0-yard dumpster plus $8.00 per yard - no recycling
With both the recycling and garbage, we are billed by address whether they pick up or not. You will be billed for this whether you use it or not. Keep in mind that recycling keeps excess waste from going to the land fill which helps keep garbage rates down.
There is a cardboard dumpster located at the city shed if you have excess cardboard to dispose of.
Residents of Lake Park must purchase tags in order to have the following items collected:
- Appliances $25.00 each
- Stoves, dishwashers, water heaters, furnaces, dryers, freezers, washers, air conditioners, microwaves, refrigerators, dehumidifiers and trash compactors.
- Dorm fridges $15.00 each
- Air Conditioners $25.00 each
- Electronics $11.00 each
- VCRs, AM/FM receivers/stereos, computer towers, printers, copy machines, DVDs and fax machines
- Up to 27" $20.00 each
- 28" to 40" $25.00 each
- 41" and Up $35.00 each
- Computer monitors $20.00 each
- Mattresses & Box Springs $11.00 each
- Couches & Recliners $10.00 each
- Dressers, TV Stands & Chairs $5.00 each
- Cubic Yard of Wood Products $10.00 (cubic yard = 3' x 3' x 3')
- Tires (without rims only)
- Car tires $5.00 each
- Truck tires $7.50 each
- Tractor tires $25.00 each
No items will be picked up unless an orange tag is attached. Tags may be purchased at the City Clerk's office. The tag system is in effect all year and charges may change accordingly as landfill fees change.