The Dickinson County Endowment Fund Board has announced it's grant recipients for 2018. A total of $87,655 was awarded to 25 non-profit organization projects throughout Dickinson County.
The awards were distributed at an annual event held this past Thursday evening at the Milford Fire Station.
Organizations serving the Lake Park are received $16,992. Those awarded funds include:
- American Legion Post #371 - More efficient lighting - $1,000
- American Legion Post #371 - New public sidewalk/entryway approach - $1,992
- City of Lake Park - Tennis/basketball court resurfacing - $10,000
- Harris-Lake Park CSD - Promoting active learning - $3,000
- Lake Park Garden Club - H-LP elementary PE shoe roller skate project - $1,000
The DCEF Advisory Council includes community representatives from throughout Dickinson County. The 2018 Council includes: Austin Fairchild - Terril, Doug Goodell - Lake Park, Donna Gould - West Okoboji, Sandi Bueltel - Superior, Carry Miller - Arnolds Park, Steve Schwaller - Okoboji, Linda Seeger - Milford, and Sue Blake - Spirit Lake.