Lake Park Municipal Utilities is a community-owned, not-for-profit water, electric, and natural gas supplier, created by local residents to provide high quality, affordable services tailored to the unique needs of the Lake Park area.
Information about each of the services provided can be found within this site. If you have questions or comments for the Utilities office, call 712-832-3667 or e-mail LPMU.
Things to remember
- Utility bills are mailed the 6th of each month – due on the 26th of that month. Payment can be mailed, paid in person or use the drop box just outside of the door and to the south.
- Late penalty of 1.5% a month will be charged to all delinquent amounts.
- Processing fee of $20.00 per account to be assessed and added to past due bill for impending disconnection.
- Posting fee of $20.00 per utility meter shall be assessed and added to the past due bill when it is necessary to post written notice of impending disconnection.
- Meter deposits for electric, water and gas are figured on two times the highest bill for that utility in the previous 12 months of actual usage or a letter of reference from your previous heating source billing.
- Before You Dig: Call Iowa One Call at 1-800-292-8989 or dial 8-1-1 to locate any underground utilities. Iowa law requires that any person, homeowner, professional, public or private entity, planning to engage in any form of excavation within the state of Iowa, must notify the Iowa One Call notification system at least 48 hours prior to excavating. For more information, go to www.iowaonecall.com
- Medical alert: If you or a member of your household has a medical condition that requires important equipment — such as ventilators, pumps, or monitors — you may wish to have advance notice of any planned outages. Please make sure that the utility office knows of your situation. Call us at 832-3667.
Planting trees and shrubs in utility easements: We would like to keep trees and shrubs at least 10 to 15 feet away from either side of the easements so when they are mature they will not interfere with the power lines. This will allow access in case of emergency and it will make our job safer and faster in service restoration. Please remember not all electric lines are overhead.
- Free filters: Everyone knows that changing your furnace filters monthly is a good idea because if helps improve the efficiency of your heating system. But did you know that Lake Park Municipal Utilities has a program that offers you up to two free furnace filters per year? To get your free filters, please stop at the utility office during regular office hours. LPMU offers the following filter sizes: 14x25x1; 16x20x1; 16x25x1; 20x20x1 and 20x25x1.
- Application for service: All applicants for electric, water and or gas service must complete an application for service at the utility office during office hours.
- Questions/Complaints: The Lake Park Municipal Utility staff does its best to see that your utility service works efficiently at all times. However, if you do have questions or complaints about the service, you can contact us at: Lake Park Municipal Utilities, 217 Market Street, PO Box 536, Lake Park, IA 51347-0536. Phone 712-832-3667.
- If your complaint is related to service disconnection, safety, or renewable energy, and we do not resolve your complaint, you may request assistance from: Utilities Division, Iowa, Department of Commerce, 350 Maple Street, Des Moines, IA 50319-0069. Phone 515-281-5979.
As of July 2018, Lake Park Municipal Utilities will no longer offer rebates for any appliance that uses gas as its energy source. The following electric rebates will be offered:
- Clothes Washer $25 (electric water heater)
- Dehumidifiers $25
- Smart Thermostats $25
- Room Air Conditioners $25
- LED Lighting $2-$4
Commercial & Industrial electric rebates will still be available.