Lake Park Municipal Utilities is asking customers to conserve energy amid the frigid temperatures and emergency energy alerts. Here are some energy conservation tips to follow:
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Set thermostat to 68 degrees or lower.
- Unplug non-essential appliances.
- Avoid using large appliances.
- Dress more warmly with loose-fitting layers.
- Keep your refrigerator closed as much as possible.
- Close rooms to avoid wasting heat.
- Close blinds or curtains to trap heat inside.